It is time again for the Margaret Sanger at the Ku Klux Klan Rally Art Contest. This year's contest will highlight the 80th Anniversary of Margaret Sanger's speech to the the women's branch of the Silver Lake Ku Klux Klan. In her own 1938 autobiography, Margaret Sanger An Autobiography (1971 reprint by Dover Publications, Inc. of the 1938 original published by W.W. Norton & Company) Sanger indicates at pages 366-367 that the she got along quite well with members of a New Jersey branch of the Ku Klux Klan at her 1926 speech, eventually getting a "dozen invitations to speak to similar groups."
Participants in this year's contest are encouraged to commemorate Sanger at the Klan rally in unique artistic ways. Drawings, cartoons, historical novels, haiku, dance, plays, videos, paintings, quilts, rap, actual photos of Silver Lake, modern interpretations of Sanger speaking to the Klan, reenactments of the actual speech on YouTube, audio recordings of actual Sanger quotes she may have reused when speaking to the Klan - - there is no limit to the artistic ways this historic event can be commemorated.
The Big Abortion Industry still holds Margret Sanger out as an icon. Artwork is one more important ways to promote the truth about Margaret Sanger.
The rules for this year's contest are simple:
1) Send submissions to the Margaret Sanger Blogspot by providing a link in the comments section of this blog.
2) Submissions will be accepted for two months with a deadline of December 18, 2006.
3) There is no limit on the number of submissions that one person can make.
4) Nominations made be made on behalf of others.
5) The art can be any artistic expression (computer drawings, photography, music, poetry, video, audio recording, haiku) as long as it attempts to recreate Margaret Sanger at the KKK Rally.
6) 1st, 2nd and 3rd Place will be announced here on December 21. The comments and views of readers of this blog will be taken into consideration by the judges as well as the views of other respected bloggers.
7) It is our hope and prayer that this contest will be enthusiatically promoted by other bloggers who are free to promote this idea, borrow this idea, steal this idea, or do anything else they want in order to educate the public about the truth concerning Margaret Sanger.
Please encourage others to participate by e-mailing this information to other pro-lifers and bloggers!
Last Year's Winner from Registered at Freerepublic.com