Thursday, October 16, 2014

Nicole Smith: Abortion: The Selfishness of Eugenics

Wow.  What an awesome article by Nicole Smith at  the American Center for Law and Justice.  The Culture of Death really does come down to Selfishness v Selflessness.  Our ultimate example being Christ on the Cross.  Here is an excerpt but sure to go to aclj.org  for the complete story.

Abortion: The Selfishness of Eugenics

The miracle of life truly is, well, miraculous. How two cells come together to form, perfectly, a small human life. The way a woman’s body changes to accommodate that new life throughout pregnancy. And even afterward, how a woman’s body can continue to sustain that life.
The full breadth of this miracle struck me more fully just a few short weeks ago when my husband and I discovered we’d soon be expecting the arrival of our own miracle. Instantaneously you’re enveloped with an overwhelming feeling of amazement that you’re now growing a small, human life inside of you. The rush of mixed emotions that washes over you in that moment, the revelation that soon you, a fallen, flawed human-being will be entrusted with the care of a helpless, roly-poly mini-human is humbling and scary.
But even as I thought of the precious son or daughter I soon will have the distinct honor of raising, I could not stop myself from thinking about those who believe that I—for no other reason than because I am a woman—have the “right” to snuff that life out.
Don’t get me wrong; I understand the pro-abortion argument. In fact, I am very familiar with it, as over the years I’ve had many pro-abortion friends and acquaintances. They all have their reasons for supporting that “choice,” whether for themselves or for others, yet there is not one single reason thus far that I’ve been compelled to agree with as I’ve found a majority of those reasons are rooted in either selfishness or Eugenics, and on occasion both.
The selfishness always reveals itself in the story. In college, I had one woman during the telling of her own abortion story express to me that she just didn’t understand why pro-lifers called her and others who support abortion “pro-death.” “After all, I got my abortion because I just wasn’t in a good spot in life and I didn’t want it to suffer. So, you see I’m pro-life, too!”
Shock. Pure shock! She believes she’s pro-life because she chose to kill her child so he didn’t have to suffer? There were no words, just shock at her selfishness and even more shock at her cluelessness about her selfishness.

2 comments:

oakleyses said...

red bottom shoes, oakley vault, louis vuitton outlet, coach outlet, michael kors outlet online sale, longchamp outlet online, burberry outlet online, gucci handbags, cheap oakley sunglasses, nike air max, nike air max, louis vuitton handbags, true religion, jordan shoes, longchamp handbags, polo ralph lauren, tiffany jewelry, burberry outlet online, coach purses, michael kors outlet online, louis vuitton outlet, michael kors outlet, prada handbags, prada outlet, tiffany and co jewelry, michael kors outlet store, michael kors outlet online, chanel handbags, tory burch outlet online, kate spade outlet, louis vuitton, christian louboutin, louis vuitton outlet online, nike free, true religion outlet, christian louboutin shoes, michael kors handbags, coach outlet store online, polo ralph lauren outlet, christian louboutin outlet, nike outlet, oakley sunglasses, ray ban outlet, coach outlet, kate spade outlet online, longchamp outlet, ray ban sunglasses

oakleyses said...

mont blanc pens, canada goose outlet, celine handbags, north face jackets, soccer jerseys, giuseppe zanotti, hollister, asics shoes, wedding dresses, marc jacobs outlet, replica watches, ugg soldes, abercrombie and fitch, valentino shoes, ugg outlet, chi flat iron, soccer shoes, ferragamo shoes, north face jackets, mcm handbags, insanity workout, canada goose outlet, lululemon outlet, canada goose outlet, nike trainers, ugg outlet, vans outlet, herve leger, longchamp, nfl jerseys, jimmy choo shoes, instyler ionic styler, ghd, nike roshe, ugg boots, uggs outlet, new balance outlet, bottega veneta, ugg boots clearance, babyliss, mac cosmetics, beats headphones, reebok shoes, canada goose, uggs on sale, ugg, nike huarache, p90x workout, birkin bag