Friday, February 01, 2019

Silverstream Priory

St Benedict’s Sons in Ireland

Dom Mark Daniel Kirby, 62, was born and raised in Connecticut. Today, he is the Prior of a newly-established Benedictine monastery in Stamullen, Ireland. The Monastery of Our Lady of the Cenacle has an amazing vocations problem: they have far too many young monks (plus interested young men) for their meager means. Here’s their story:
Q. Dom Kirby, tell us how  Silverstream Priory began. 
The seed of Silverstream Priory was planted in my heart in 2004-2005. 
13735707215_8f44f595a4_b (1)
Profoundly moved by Saint John Paul II’s apostolic letter, ‘Mane nobiscum Domine,’ I resolved to live the mystery of the Most Holy Eucharist and to preach that mystery every day during that year.
Q. Tell us how Our Lord called you to a this vocation within a vocation.
13710704055_bc59a7ba1a_b
I understood then that Our Lord was calling me to a “vocation within a vocation”: Not only to the pursuit of the traditional Benedictine life, but also to adoration of the Most Blessed Sacrament, in a spirit of reparation and intercession for the sanctification of priests.
An indult from the Holy See dispensed me from my obligations to the abbey of my profession, and freed me to renew my vows, under the Rule of St Benedict, into the hands of the Most Reverend Edward J. Slattery of Tulsa. 
13782866105_fa29470a16_b
Another series of providential circumstances led our embryonic community from Tulsa to County Meath in Ireland, where we found a property and buildings.
Q. How did you find your priory in County Meath?
We made a novena to St Thérèse of the Child Jesus and of the Holy Face, and prayed to Blessed Columba Marmion.
13782732613_66c34fc996_b
Upon arriving at Silverstream, I discovered hanging above the sacristy vesting cabinet, a framed document in Latin attesting to the dedication of the little church and its altar to St Thérèse.
On October 19, 2011, I met with the Most Reverend Michael Smith, Bishop of Meath, and laid our project before him. He graciously welcomed us to the Diocese of Meath.
13782812065_137f194855_b
And so, with the fatherly blessing of Bishop Slattery, Dom Benedict Andersen and I set out for the Isle of Saints and Scholars to implant traditional Benedictine life at Silverstream, committed to the traditional forms of the sacred Liturgy, celebrated in Latin with Gregorian chant.

4 comments:

braddie said...

Your articles are truly entertaining, informative and interesting. I like to read them due to my interest in historical stories.

lisa said...

Hello people!!!??? My name is Esnard McCarthy and I live in Nevada,U.S and
I am a full member of the Illuminati brotherhood, am among the 1252 lodge,,???,I
was ordained by the Grand-master to go out to the world and bring
more members to the Illuminati,?so I was requested to bring 400
members into the brotherhood,,I have 210 members now, am
looking for only 190 people to go,?I am sure you want to be among
the 190 people that will be earning $500,000 per month and a brand
new car,,?so add me up now so we can achieve this great chance
of being rich for?...your life will change for good.so don't miss this
chance of being rich for life email me via brightiluminati666@gmail.com? or add me on Whats-app  +593960127139.

mdsu ba 3rd year result 2021 said...

I loved as much as you will receive carried out right here. The sketch is attractive, your authored subject matter stylish. nonetheless, you command get bought an edginess over that you wish be delivering the following. unwell unquestionably come further formerly again as exactly the same nearly very often inside case you shield this increase.

mjpru bsc 2nd year result 2022 said...

Thank you for taking the time to publish this information very usefully!